This charter has been compiled to help inform and explain the nature of the data collected – and the reasons why.
You will find the description of the different data we are collecting and using or the ones you transmit us when you access the website www.royalcheese.com (the « Website ») that sells our products. The term “Website” refers to the website www.royalcheese.com.
As Data Protection Regulations evolve continuously, this charter can be updated anytime. If you are a user of the Website, you will be informed of the possible modifications by email.
If one of the terms of this charter is rendered null and void or against the regulation applied, it shall be deemed unwritten, but shall not render the other terms of this charter invalid.
This charter applies to collected data :
- Through a simple web browsing on the Website
- Through the email exchanged between ROYALCHEESE and you or through other webmail tool
- When you create a personal account on the Website
- When you order on the Website
- When you subscribe to the Newsletter
Regarding the nature and the purpose of your interaction with ROYALCHEESE (creating an account, newsletter subscription, phone conversation), we collect the following personal data:
- Related to your identity : first name, last name, email address, gender, telephone number, birthday,
- Related to your browsing : these information concern the way you are using the Website such as the IP address, web browser used, browsing duration, search and purchase history, operating system, language and visited pages
- Related to the visits to the Website, including traffic data and other data or resources of communication you could use to access the Website
- Related to orders placed : personal address, transaction details (payment method, internal purchase number, card type, last 4 digits of the card, expiration date), payments are managed by CM-CIC and Paypal
- Related to the use of Social Media when you are using specific functions.
Data can be collected through different ways on the Website. Data can be collected directly when you are communicating information through contact forms, the creation of a user account, the Newsletter subscription available on the Website and/or given by yourself on the phone. When you contact us, a copy of your exchanges with ROYALCHEESE, emails included, can be saved. ROYALCHEESE also collects information indirectly through Cookies or trackers. For more information, you can read the chapter dedicated to Cookies in the Terms and Conditions.
If you are a simple use, we collect data to:
- Send you a Newsletter and/or commercial offers
- Manage the orders and execute the contract
- Ensure safety and tracking of your orders
- Give you information regarding your account (invoice, purchase history)
- Allow you to give us your opinion about the products and/or the Website
- Inform you about the modifications regarding the Website or our offer
- Respect the rights and obligations mentioned on the contracts
- For the safety of your browsing and the improvement of your use experience, particularly by recognizing your user name and password that you already gave us so that you do not have to provide these again on each page that require them,
- To analyze the traffic and data related to the Website so that we can measure the amount of users and improve the accessibility to the Website.
By rejecting the process, you could not be able to visit some pages or access some services, and your order may not succeed.
Your data can be processed by the staff and contributors to ROYALCHEESE:
- Administration of the site (order and shipping)
- Management of the support (to answer your questions)
- Invoice Management
Concerning newsletters, our emailing campaings are managed through the service provider Mailjet SAS, RCS Paris 524 536 992 00059 - 13-13 bis, rue de l’Aubrac – 75012 Paris - SIRET 52453699200059 - TVA intracommunautaire FR 675 245 369 92.
All the subcontractors, service providers, partners and other third-parties are forced by the contractual obligations to respect the privacy and protection of the data and they have to treat them for the purposes they are affected to, only.
Your data can be shared with any acquire or other designated successor in the event of a change of control of Royalcheese administration resulting from a reorganization, a merger, a restructuring, a transfer, a sale or other transformation in which context users information of Royalcheese appears as assets.
Finally, we could be able to disclose your private information :
- To comply with the rules and current laws, including government and regulation requests
- If we believe the disclosure in necessary or required to protect the rights, the property and safety of ROYALCHEESE, its customers and other stakeholders,
This potential disclosure includes information exchange with other companies and organisms in order to stop fraud and counterfeiting.
The Website can include links towards other websites and social media platforms managed by third party servers, by people or organizations on which ROYALCHEESE does not have control. This way, we will not be responsible for the way your personal data is stored and used on these third party servers. Please consult the charter of the companies concerned to get more information about their privacy policies.
ROYALCHEESE keeps data for the required duration to cover the purposes introduced at chapter 3. The duration can differ according to the type of data treated, its nature and the purpose. Moreover, because of some legal obligations, a specific duration can be applied.
When you are subscribing to the Newsletter, we save your email address until unsubscribing.
When you are contacting ROYALCHEESE by the contact form or phone, your data is stored :
- For 3 years from the date of the last contact if you do not have a personal account or any order made on the Website.
- For 10 years from the date of the last order made on the Website, if the information are related to the order.
- In the other cases, the storage duration will not exceed 10 years.
As it concerns your user account, all the data related to the invoice are stored for 10 years from the date of the purchase even if you would ask for a deactivation of your account.
If you want to delete your personal data, your user account will be disabled and anonymised, then totally deleted by the end of the periods mentioned above.
The data collected through cookies and trackers is stored for 6 to 13 months. Beyond the storage duration above-mentioned, your data is anonymised to be stored for analytics purpose only.
Your data is stored on a safe server, protected by an anti-virus program and a firewall. We set up some technical and organizational measures to guaranty a safe and confidential context for your data, against any loss of confidentiality, integrity or availability.
We put all our efforts to protect your data but according to the particularity of the Internet, it is impossible to guaranty the optimal security of the exchange of information on the network. You agree to transfer your data at your own risk. ROYALCHEESE cannot be held as responsible of the non-respect of the privacy parameters or the safety measures set on the Website.
You agree that the information security depends on you. For example, you have to keep your personal account’s password confidential. You do not have to disclose it to another person.
You can choose how the data you provide can be used:
- You can browse over the Website without communicating any data. As the case may be, you will not be able to access all the functions of the Website, including the process of purchasing.
- You can refuse to give your banking details, Paypal details or mailing address. As the case may be, you will not be able to make an order.
- You can stop receiving newsletters and personalized offers anytime through your personal space: in the rubric “My account” or by clicking the link introduced at the end of our Newsletter.
At all events, you have the right to access to your user account to check or update your data, or unsubscribe from the mailing list if you were in it. According to the data regulation applied such as the EU Regulation 2016/679 or GDPR and the the Data Protection Act of January 6th, 1978 and its modifications) you have a right of access and correction of personal data.
Subject to the conditions covered by the regulations for the exercise of these rights, you have :
- The right to erase data (excepting accounting information that have to be stored for 10 years as required by the French law – article L123-22 commercial code)
- The right to the limitation of data processing
- The right to refuse the use of your data for legal motives according to the article 21 of the GPDR
- The right to withdraw your own data (for automated processing made upon the consent or the execution of the contract)
- The right to revoke your consent when it has been asked to. When your data has been treated with your consent, you can revoke it at any time.
You acknowledge that the processing of data made before the revocation of your consent, are valid. For any reason, you have the right to refuse that ROYALCHEESE can analyze your data to marketing purpose.
But according to the article 12.6 of the GDPR, the exercise of these rights, ROYALCHEESE, as the responsible of data processing, reserves the right to provide a proof of identity. We inform you that the data provided as justification will be deleted once they would have fulfilled their purpose. You can exercise these rights by sending an email in French at firstname.lastname@example.org or to this following address:
24 rue Tiquetonne
We have one month to fulfill your request related to the exercise of your rights. This delay can be extended to two months, in any complex cases or if there is too many requests at this time.
Collected data, through www.royalchees.com, is stored exclusively on a server in Europe, hosted by OVH - RCS Lille Métropole 424 761 419 00045 - 2 rue Kellermann 59100 Roubaix - N° TVA FR 22 424 761 419.